Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > reading 27.89 volts on scan tool, can't ...
reading 27.89 volts on scan tool, can't read vin's, power light always yellow instaed of green

1316 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2020-05-21 00:00:49

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    sarandosauto
    2020-05-06 17:21:03
       I don't know how elite pass thru unit FAILED but it will hook up on cars. When it makes VCI connection the green check mark shows up but voltage is 27.89 volts not 12 volts or vehicle battery voltage.The power light is always yellow instead of its normal green color. Both Blue lights are working too. The new update flash through PC Suite took fine too. The OBD cable is pulled apart a very little on Elite Re-programmer Pass Thru unit connection side and Im not sure if that is the problem. No auto reading of vin is possible or communication with modules either. It will only hook up the vehicle connector. Anybody had this happen? Do I really need to send to Autel for repair? I really ned to flash this GM transmission TCM ASAP!

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    sarandosauto
    2020-05-06 17:39:17 (Reply to:sarandosauto)
     Well I just tried to hook up unit with only the power cable and verified pairing of units. The unit will do everything but still has yellow light instead of green, both blue lights working, Elite unit is up to dates with Version 4.01 and voltage still at 27.89 volts! AHHHH!! Its going in for replacement! I can't seem to WIN sometimes!!

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    sarandosauto
    2020-05-06 17:45:04
    Anybody near Zip Code 21084 in Maryland that has a J2534 Unit I can use, rent or pay you to Flash this transmission? M y GM software goes out of date today! Of course this is a warranty job on a 2010 GM 6T45 transmission! IMAGINE THAT!!! Please let me know, Thanks!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-05-21 00:00:49 (Reply to:sarandosauto)

My Maxi Sys Elite came with the small Illuminated VCI 100 that I could use if I ever needed to send my MaxiFlash Elite in for a Firmware Flash. I think you are safer updating your VCI through the Maxi Sys Elite rather than from the PC Suite software because the tablet detects the correct VCI rather than the PC Suite where I believe you need to manually select the correct VCI and update you want and if you mess up you need to send the VCI out to get the firmware re-flashed.
  Total1 Pages